(1902-1970)

Born in Molodechno, Vilna Gubernia, in 1902.

In 1916-1917 studied drawing at V.N. Perelman’s studio in Tambov.

In 1919-1920 attended the Proletcult Fine Arts Studio in Smolensk.

From 1921 to 1928 studied under S.V. Gerasimov, P.Y. Pavlinov and V.A. Favorsky at VKhUTEMAS.

From 1921 exhibited his works.

From 1928 to 1932 taught at VKhUTEIN and the Moscow Textile Institute.

A member of the ‘Four Arts’ association.

In 1932 joined the Moscow branch of the Artists Union (MOSKh).

Did paintings and graphic works and engaged in book and stage design.

Died in Moscow in 1970.

In 2006 the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts held an exhibition, ‘Three Generations of the Axelrods’.